Friday, October 11, 2019

Learning Second Language

http://popplet.com/app/#/5545411




WHY AM I LEARNING A SECOND LANGUAGE & WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS FOR ME AND FOR YOU?

   Since my childhood , I want to be a teacher but  I could not decide should I choose the teaching of my native language or English. As my father is a Turkish Language teacher, I was going to choose being a Turkish Language teacher but later at highschool, my English teacher said to me if I  choose English,my hole world could be change. I listened to him and choosed English and even from now I feel so different. I will not talk about my own experiences about this today but after few posts, I can tell u all of the things about it. Anyway, it is a little bit difficult process but it worth at the and.  Until today, many researches was made about learning a new language but I want to explain with  my sentences.

        First of all if u know a second language and looking for a job, you probably find a job easily because almost all companies give importance this issue. Also being different from other people will increase your self-confidence and it helps you to get a job as well.
       According to a research that I read years ago, this learning process develops our memory and prevents dementia. Because while learning language we have to memorize lots of words and it helps us to have strong brain and mental health even many years later.
       Learning language is not only about our job and some formal issues but also contains some good things like if you want to travel to a foreing country and if you know their language, it will be perfect experience for you. Beacuse you can communicate their native people and learn a new culture from them thanks to language. Even I could not go to a foreigng country I can imagine how much fun it  would be.
        Finally, the point I want to talk about is that reading a poem or a literary work in a foreign language without translation will give you much more pleasure. Because when we read a translation of an literary work we might not feel the actual things underlying the meaning.
      In summary; Learning a new language is being a totalty different person. Because your ideas change and ideas  are the most important things of a person. Living new experiences and living in a high quality life (in everymean) we should learn new languages and improve ourselves.

       A postscript: I used ‘popplet’ in this post and thanks to this app ( I  like it so much), I could draw a schema. I hope  you like this post J




2 comments: